The roof needs to be the strongest part of your building. It faces the elements 24/7 and protects you from whatever Mother Nature throws at you. If it isn’t strong enough then it can cause leaks or damage that will leave you vulnerable to the elements.
Once this happens then it’s important to get your roof repaired straight away or water damage may occur and you will be letting the cold into your house, making it impossible to heat it properly. Getting a proper repair done is important, so be sure to check if it’s simply a matter of getting a roof repair company to take a look and patch a hole, or if there’s more to it. For example, it may just be that some of the shingles have fallen off giving a point of entry to water, or it could be a cracked support beam. However, if your roofing orland park keeps having faults or is just extremely old then it may need replacing as soon as possible. Here are six signs you may need a new roof:
- Roof Age
- A typical asphalt-shingle roof should last about 20-25 years. If your roof is showing its age contact Noble Pride Roofing for an inspection and estimate.
- Shingles Curling and Buckling
- One of the signs of aging, shingles that do not lay flat indicate they are outliving their usefulness.
- Roof Valleys
- Roof valleys are collections of shingles in an area that are missing or falling apart.
- Missing Shingles
- As shingles fail they are susceptible to being washed away in the rain or blown away by the wind.
- Chimney flashing
- Be sure to check your chimney flashing as well. Gaps in the flashing around the chimney can lead to more problems than just the roof.
- Granules in the gutters
- As shingles wear out, the rough texture of the pieces begin to disintegrate. If you see lots of granules in your gutters that’s an indication of failure.