Heating and air conditioning can take up to 40 or more percent of your utility bill. In the warmer months we make sure we’re comfortable at home but also don’t want the hefty costs of the bills.
Here are some great tips to keep that A/C bill down:
- Plant more trees to keep sunlight from directly hitting your windows. Also, shading your A/C unit from the sun could improve its efficiency by up to 10%!
- Cover your windows with solar screens, mesh-like screens, or window films that reflect heat.
- Circulate air in your home with fans. You don’t need anything fancy or expensive.
- Try to avoid cooking or baking with the stove or oven, limit those activities to the evening.
- Maintain or replace your A/C ; you’re A/C bill may sometimes be cut in half just by replacing an outdated A/C unit!
Contact the local experts at Wighton’s Inc. for an inspection, tune-up, or replacement! Replacing an old unit could cut your A/C costs in half. Definitely a worthwhile investment.
Visit their website today at www.wightons.com or call them at (800) 549-4881.