Natural stone is inherently hard and durable, and thus an ideal material for kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities. With proper care and maintenance, your natural stone countertop can last for decades. The Granite you have selected for your home is an investment that will give you many years of good use.
Here are instructions and recommendations for routine care and cleaning:
- Do not use the stone countertop as a cutting board. Blot up spills immediately.
- Use a clean cloth for best results
- Clean stone surfaces with a neutral cleaner.
- Enjoy the beauty and durability of your countertop!
- DO NOT use scouring powders or creams; these products contain abrasives.
- DO NOT use cleaners that contain acids
A good way to test if it is time for a new sealant and the sealant’s effectiveness on your Granite countertops is to spill water on a small area. If the water beads up, Granite countertops are still sealed. If the water starts to seep into the Granite, causing the Granite to appear darker, it is time to re-seal. Tom Hilliard is the local business owner of Mr. Tom’s Countertops a countertop fabricator and installer that has been in business for over 20 years. He has consulted on over 2500 kitchens and enjoys ﬁnding the right for your home. His wife Cathy is active in local non-proﬁt The Wellness Kitchen and they have raised their family here on the Central Coast.