The San Luis Obispo County Builders Exchange is a 501(c)6 non-profit contractors association that began in 1949. Our 600+ members are licensed contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers to the construction industry. We provide copies of the blueprints of projects going out to bid to enable members to find work. Homeowners, landlords and developers can bring their projects into our plan rooms at no charge for our members to review and bid. It’s a win-win for everyone. The San Luis Obispo County Builders Exchange offers regularly-scheduled seminars on construction-related topics such as mechanics liens, prevailing wages, insurance, green building, and safety and technical training. A meeting room in our San Luis Obispo office is available for members and community groups; call for availability.
Since 1949 we have been tracking down construction projects of all shapes and sizes that are going out to bid: private, residential, and commercial work; government work; remodels, roads, and everything in between. We locate the plans; our members can view the plans online and in our offices in San Luis Obispo and Atascadero to do their bids. Plans can be checked out overnight or put on a disc for your computer.
- Members are updated daily by e-mail on new plans and addenda.
- We provide bidders lists and bid results.
- Our Bulletin lists mechanics liens, releases of liens and notices of completion in San Luis Obispo County; building permit information; weekly safety tailgate topics; and articles of interest regarding changes in the law, best practices, and similar topics every week.
- We also send out a monthly newsletter covering economic and local political news of interest to our members.
- Over $100,000 in scholarships have been awarded to children of members.