Have you been to a Farm Supply store on the Central Coast? They have locations in Santa Maria, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Arroyo Grande, and Buellton. Along with supplying our ranch and farm needs, Farm Supply also has a lot of really cool items for the home.
I’m not much into history but I always find local history interesting. Here’s a timeline of the history of Farm Supply Company:
- 1950 – Farm Supply Company is established. Records show the first show was an 18-by-20-foot room with $400 worth of inventory on Monterey Street in San Luis Obispo.
- 1965 – Farm Supply purchased Walty Pump Company and established its pump department.
- 1966 – Following the burning down of the Higuera St. Farm Supply store, the company uses a building purchased and built by the Farm Bureau until their new Tank Farm Road facility is built.
- 1977 – Farm Supply purchased Cal Tech Chemical in Paso Robles.
- 1988 – Farm Supply opened a store in Morro Bay.
- 1989 – Farm Supply purchases Hanson Hardware on the corner of Main Street and Blosser in Santa Maria.
- 1998 – Morro Bay store closes due to limitations of the facility.
- 2003 – Farm Supply purchases E.C. Loomis and Son feed store.
- 2004 – Farm supply moves to current location on El Camino Real in Arroyo Grande.
- 2007 – Farm Supply purchases Roemer’s and moves their Santa Maria location to the Roemer’s facility on Broadway.
- 2011 – Farm Supply opens fifth location in Buellton on McMurray Road. Four weeks later, traded properties with AJ Contractors in Paso Robles for their new Paso location on Ramada Road.
Farm Supply has been serving the Central Coast for over 60 years! Visit a local store to check out all of the great things they have to offer for the farmer in you!