by Kelley Redmon
As fall comes to a close and it starts getting a bit colder there is something we all start missing – summertime. Camping, backyard cookouts, and ‘ are always on my summertime to do list. In an effort to give myself a little pick me up until it starts warming up again I decided I needed to make this fabulous version of the Rice Krispie Treat – S’mores style!
4 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
2 cups of Golden Graham Cereal
3 tablespoons of butter
4 cups (1 bag) of miniature marshmallows
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of shortening
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
5. Add 1/2 the bag of chocolate chips (I do this last so that the chocolate chips don’t melt too much)
6. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. 7. Let cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
8. Melt the other 1/2 of the bag of chocolate chips (and 1 tablespoon of shortening) in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If you need to heat it a little longer do in 30 second increments stirring each time.
9. Using a spoon drizzle the melted chocolate over the cut up Rice Krispie Treats