Those of us who live on the Central Coast are blessed to have summer weather all-year-round. But any local knows that beautiful days can turn into freezing evenings. The heating and air system costs more than any other system in your house, so how can you stay warm and save money on utility bills? Wighton’s has some great winter heating tips for you:
Money-Saving Heating Tips:
- Set your programmable thermostat as low as is comfortable in the winter.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces once a month or as recommended. [Tweet This]
- Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators as needed and make sure they’re not blocked by furniture, carpeting, or drapes.
- Place heat-resistant radiator reflectors between exterior walls and the radiators. [Tweet This]
- Turn off kitchen, bath, and other exhaust fans within 20 minutes after you are done cooking or bathing; when replacing exhaust fans, consider installing high-efficiency, low-noise models.
- Keep the draperies and shades on your south-facing windows open during the day to allow the sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
If you’re in search of a heating repair or tune up Wighton’s is a great choice on the Central Coast! If you’re looking for more information in regards to heating, air conditioning, refrigeration or healthy air systems, visit their information library.